how can I improve the performace of simpleFoam solver integrated with paralution

Front page Forums Plug-ins how can I improve the performace of simpleFoam solver integrated with paralution

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nico 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

savee

Hello,

I have integrated the simpleFoam solver of OpenFOAM-2.4.0 with paralution_PCG. The solver is compiled successfully. But, when I execute a test case using that compiled solver, I get the increase in execution time as compared with the execution time required to execute a test case using simpleFoam solver (without using paralution_PCG). I have taken grid size of 40*40*40 and executed the test case for different number of gpu cores like 4, 8, 16, 32, 64. Even, I have tried by increasing the grid size to 80*80*80, the same result is there. As paralution library is used to accelerate the performance of the solver, but in my case it is not like that..

How can I increase the performance of simpleFoam integrated with paralution_PCG.. any idea??

nico
    Participant

Hello,

in order to overcome the memory transfers and latencies, your test case has to be sufficiently large. You can use our OpenFOAM laplace example for some tests.

Best
    Nico

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.