LINK: Fatal Error LNK1104

Front page Forums General LINK: Fatal Error LNK1104

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ceeely 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ceeely

Hi,

I’m new to paralution and I’ve just “installed” the .exe file and have linked the library to the src folder.

I’ve tried running the GMRES project but it failed to build due to:

//
    LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ‘C:\Users\……\paralution-1.1.0\visualstudio\paralution_cuda\gmres\Win32\Debug\paralution.lib’
    //

I’ve look into the DEBUG folder and indeed there isn’t the .lib file. Could anyone assist me with this?

I’m running on Win7 Visual Studio 2013, CUDA 7.5, and have switched the platform to x64 so that the project can open/read the cusparse.lib

Thanks!

Dimitar

Hi,

Did you compile the library itself? You should compile the PARALUTION library first and then compile the GMRES example, and then link the GMRES example.

If you are fresh to C++ – we recommend you to start with the Linux version since it is easier to compile and test.

Best,
    Dimitar

ceeely

Hi Dimitar,

Thank you for the response.

I’ve realised my error there after I’ve posted the above question and have compiled the Library which was then appended to \x64\debug folder so that I can link the cusparse.lib.

Now when I compile the GMRES example, the error “module machine type ‘X86′ conflicts with target machine type ‘x64′” comes up. I am now trying the solutions as recommended here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3563756/fatal-error-lnk1112-module-machine-type-x64-conflicts-with-target-machine-typ

Would you please advise on this? Thanks

Dimitar

Hi,

This looks like an issue with the CUDA and the VS. Please, check some of the CUDA/VS forums for this issue.

Best,
    Dimitar

ceeely

Hi Dimitar,

I see, thank you for the tips, I’ll look into solving it.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.