Self Made Preconditioner

Front page Forums General Self Made Preconditioner

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  franzp 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

franzp
    Participant

Hello dear Paralution Community,

is there a way to set a matrix that i calculated elsewhere as the preconditioner for my paralution solver?

best regards

Franz Pichler

franzp
    Participant

Hello,

i try to raise some awarness for my question by adding some details to my problem:

So in oaralution the preconditioners (except for the jacobi one) are calculated on the host, which requires copying the matricse back and forth from device to host memory. In my application hower i can avoid teh use of the host memory most of teh time and i work on rather small systems that i have to solve very often. So i am searching for a way to stay on the device memory. Here i thought now that i can caclulte an ilu preconditioner as a matrix in csr format and tell paralution to use it as its preconditioner. I just didnt find a way to set such a matrix preconditioenr in the manual.

SO my question is:
    How can i set a matrix in csr format as the preconditioner for my linear system?

best regards

Franz

Dimitar

Hi Franz,

Sorry for the delay.

There is no preconditioner where you can just plug a new matrix. There is no such thing because how would you solve such system? If there is a similar solving technique (within the existing framework) for solving your type of preconditioner, feel free to modify the code and to add your version of it. It should not be very difficult to write Set() function where you can pass your matrix. At the end, this is an open-source project – feel free to contribute :)

Best,
    Dimitar

franzp
    Participant

Hello Dimitar,

thank you for your reply.

Okay so the preconditioner that i would calculate would be an ILU preconditioner. So a set() function for the ILU preconditioners of paralution would be exactly what i need.

Thanks for the sugestion of working on paralution on my own, but there i rather leave it save and sound and do not mess with it, because i like it ;)

best regards

Franz

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.